Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays: Blogger's Choice - 2016 Books We Are Most Excited to Get

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme was blogger's choice, so we decided to compile a list of the 2016 books that we are most excited to get our hands on! 

Mariela’s List






Allyson’s List

While theoretically this book should make it directly into my "won't read" pile, there is something about it that has definitely piqued my interest! Which is unfortunate, as it deals with teleportation, a theme I am not hugely fond of, and it sounds like there is a love triangle, another trope I usually avoid. But beautiful libraries and leather clad hotties appears to be enough to get this one a spot on my 2016 wish list!   _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks to Mariela's insistence that I watch Criminal Minds (which led to a full blown addiction), I have been craving more psychological thrillers, especially told in the perspective of the victims. Criminal Minds gives you so much of the unsubs and the case to track them down, which is the point of the show, but they don't give you any aftermath, and what the victims go through to piece their lives back together. And sometimes, you really just want to see what a person's life can be like after such horrible things happen to them. After The Woods sounds like the perfect book to scratch that itch.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Time travel is not something that I enjoy very often, so I don't know why I continue to buy books that have time travel and then just cross my fingers and hope for the best. However, in this instance, the reasoning is clear. Alexandra Bracken has never steered me wrong, and I absolutely trust her to take on time travel and make it something I will love!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 And keeping with this theme of things that really shouldn't make it onto my list, a book with an undead heroine takes the cake. However, that cover totally sucked me in, and the reviews that have been posted for the ARCs sound amazing. So, against my usual judgment, Shallow Graves has made it into the very rare pre-order classification.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moonshine that makes wishes come true? I defy anyone to not be intrigued by that prospect! Plus, look at that cover. It's absolutely gorgeous!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 comments :

  1. This is such a great idea for this list! :) I cannot believe how fast 2016 is approaching. Some great picks to add to my TBR though. Thannks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - After The Woods has such a beautiful cover!! To be honest, I don't usually like to see people on covers, but this one really works! The story sounds wonderful, too :-)

    Sarah @ Novels & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so excited for 2016 books - and then there are so many coming out in December of this year too! Yay! :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what Starflight is about but it looks awesome!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, thanks for sharing. I haven't heard of any of the books you listed (I've been so busy lately ^-^'), but some of them like "Down With the Shine," "Passenger," and "Starlight" seem like stories I'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete