Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters We Couldn't Click With

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is characters we couldn't click with.

Allyson's List

1) Adrian - Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

I never really understood why everyone was so in love with Adrian. I didn't hate him, but his character didn't really have enough of a personality for me to like. His constant drunkenness and all around playboy attitude just did nothing for me.

2) Nearly - Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano

It's really hard to pinpoint exactly why I couldn't stand this character. Everything about her just bugged me. It got to the point where I was hoping that she would be the killer's next victim, just so she would shut up!

3) Richard - Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton

I didn't dislike Richard at first. He was the perfect antidote to the crazy paranormal that was Anita's life in the beginning. But with each passing book, Richard got more and more infuriating. His delicate feelings were always being hurt and he was so possessive over Anita, it was ridiculous.

4) Kelsey - Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

I know these books are super popular, and I know a lot of people that really loved them! But I just couldn't with Kelsey. I was OK with her until Ren was in his human form, but once he turned, the dialogue and inner monologue was just so cheesy it physically hurt!

5) Derek - Born at Midnight by CC Hunter

His character seriously did nothing for me! He was so boring, and I really did hate any scenes that he had with Kylie. I was definitely team Lucas!

Mariela's List

1) Jacinta - Firelight by Sophia Jordan

I could not stand her , all had to be about her, Her character seemed to scream on each page " Look at me, it is all about me and my two boyfriends." She was a selfish little brat.

2) Miranda - Wrecked by Anna Davies

O-M-G Miranda was sooooo miserable all the time so depressed, so pathetic, complaining that her life was so bad. I had  some really mean thoughts towards her. She was a worthless character.

3) Dante - Dante's kiss by Susan Nadathur

Here we have Miranda's match! Dante the most annoying whining teenage boy character I have read about.  I have never EVER met a male character that whines and cries and complain so much about not being accepted how he is, about not being loved by a very nice girl. He had not personality.He was a very weak and poor written character. I hated him.

4) Zoey Redbird - House Of Night series by P.C Cast.

 I really liked the first books in the series, but then she started to turn into a whore. And that was it for me.

5) Dori from I'll Stand by You by Sharon Sala

I feel like Dori is a weak character,there is nothing great about her, she is just boring, is like everyone was nice to her, everyone felt sorry for her. It was all the time thinking "the poor little Dori." Also Dori saying "Granddaddy" all the time, as if she was a five years old, drove me nuts!

6) Bonus :) Christian fucking Prescott - Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand.

I dislike him, I just hate him so much. Just thinking about him makes me angry.
He was pretty much a stalker the entire time, constantly being where Clara was. He was annoying. He annoyed the hell out of me.

2 comments :

  1. I love Adrian, but I can in a way understand why not everyone like him. Never heard of any of the other you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone tells me that if I continue on with the Bloodlines series that I will end up falling for Adrian, so I do have my fingers crossed for that! And I wish that I could recommend any of the others from our list, but most of them are series I would say to pass on! Though, the Born at Midnight series by CC Hunter is pretty good!

      Delete