Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series We Have Yet to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Mariela's List
1) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
I just did not care for the series after the 4th book. I think she should have stopped on book 3.

2) Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout .
I kind of enjoyed Half Blood but I am not in a rush of finish the series since, to me, was almost a copy of Vampire Academy.

3) The Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes,
Just waiting on the rest of the books to come out! I love this series.

4) The Lorien Legacies Series by Pittacus Lore.
I just received book 6 ... can't wait to read more of the series.

5)  Cirque du Freak Series by Darren Shan.
Last book I read was book 10. I stopped because I do not want to face the reality that I will be done with it.

Allyson's List
1) The Awakening Series by Josephine Angelini
I really loved the first book, except for the very end. And then I heard some spoilers about book 2 and the presence of a love triangle that pushed this book really far down my to be read list!

2) Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi
I super duper loved the first book in this trilogy, and I always intend to finish it! But for some reason, every time I pick up book 2 to continue on, something else calls my name.

3) Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep
Another case of a series I really liked the first few books of, but don't really feel any motivation to continue on! Maybe some day!

4) Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong
I am such a huge fangirl of KA, it's seems impossible to me that I haven't finished this series. But I am so far from ready to let it go, there are several books I need to read! The logic there doesn't make sense, but I can't help it!

5) Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
Mariela hated Christian so much, it really made me not want to read the second book! And then the third book came out, and I was still hesitant! It's definitely in my someday I am going to finish it series.

Bonus! Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton
I have mentioned this several times before, but this is a series I won't ever finish. Every once in a while I get an urge to find out what's going on with Anita and the gang, and then I remember that there is 100 pages of sex scenes for every 10 pages of story and I lose the desire!


4 comments :

  1. i haven't even started any of these yet lol - so many books, so little time! :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beth Patillo books are on my unfinished series list as well! Though, only because I didn't realize there were more books! They just made it onto my wishlist :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen Under the Never Sky on SO many lists today. Such a tragedy! I love that series -- it's one of my favorite YA dystopian series of all time. I hope people get on the ball and finish it :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under the Never Sky is easily one of my favorite dystopian books, I think that might be the problem! I am worried about what trials and tribulations Aria and Perry are going to go through, so I hold off on it. I swear, someday I am going to get over that :p

      Was looking at your TTT, and Shannon Hale's Bayern books are on my list of unfinished as well! And for similar reason! The fourth book came out several years after the first three, and so I would definitely have to re-read the first books before finishing :p

      Delete