Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall 2015 TBR Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme was to pick 10 books that are on our Fall 2015 To Be Read lists.

Allyson’s List

I couldn't pick just five! In fact, that I only picked 7 showed a lot of restraint on my part :p  
The August 5 by Jenna Helland
This book practically screams Guy Fawkes and the Gun Powder Plot. It sounds like lots of action and adventure, and the cover is really awesome, so I am sold on it! Also, when I took a creative writing class, my teacher kept trying to get me to change the name of my main character in a story I submitted once. She told me that no one would name their child Tamsin and that readers wouldn't connect with the name. So now, every time I see a book with a character named Tamsin, I can't help but buy it!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinksi
 This one sounds a little 30 Days of Night, though I have my fingers crossed that the baddies aren't vampires in this novel. It has some pretty mediocre reviews for the most part, so I am a little worried that it won't live up to expectations.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
 Just look at that cover! It's ridiculously gorgeous. Plus, the book sounds insanely good. A little bit of a female Sherlock vibe going on, with a dose of a historical Criminal Minds aspect. SOLD.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
 Apparently, I have decided to eschew all of my former tastes and genres and focus solely on horror and thrillers. I am not a huge fan of the "found journal/footage" genre of anything (Cloverfield, Blair Witch Project, House of Leaves), but this will be the 5th book in the past month that I have bought that features that style.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
 This one sounds a tad like Sophie Jordan's Uninvited, a story that I really, really loved. But unfortunately, as I am wont to do, I came across some spoilers that made me seriously question whether I would ever read Sophie Jordan ever again. That being said, I have been looking for something to fill the hole in my life that came with not being able to finish up that book, and this might be just the ticket!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hardwired by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
 Another book that sounds similar to Uninvited, yet more focused on the genetic side of things than Forget Tomorrow seems to be. Stuck in a facility with a bunch of pre-determined serial killers sounds like an exciting read to me!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Unquiet Past by Kelley Armstrong
Kelley Armstrong, 'nough said. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mariela’s List

The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore

I've waited a long time to read this book. I am stuck a little on reviews now,  but I'll get to it soon!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Sounds really good, and look at that cover! I have already pre-ordered this, just waiting on the release date.  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lumiere by Jacqueline E. Garlick
This one is for a review, but I am dying to read it!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
I need to catch up with my Favorite series! I love Jamie!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
I saw the movie trailer for The Fifth Wave and it looks sooooo good! That it made me want to read this right away!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
I need to finish this series!  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

12 comments :

  1. I read Lumiere last month, and it's sequel. It's a really interesting series and kind of weird at the same time.

    My Review of Lumiere

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list - I definitely like the look of some of these - particularly a madness so discreet! Will definitely go and look up a couple of these.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing A Madness so Discreet around. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Outlander series! I've never read Leigh Bardugo, but this sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am verra excited to read any of them. Specially get on hold of a BOOK, I've been reading on my kindle for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Allyson- I'm currently listening to The Dead House on audiobook and it is so creepy good! They do a great job with the journal style of the book.
    Happy fall reading!
    And Mariela, I loved Dragonfly in Amber. I need to get back to that series! And ooh I need to check out the Fifth Wave trailer. Enjoy all your fall books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought that a book like The Dead House would play well as an audiobook, but now that you mention it, that does sound kind of brilliantly creepy! The question is, am I too chicken to listen to something like that? :p

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these books, but the covers do look promising. Especially Hardwired and Monument 14.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I've only hear of three of these and not read any of them. The cover for The August 5 looks very cool and it's gotten me interested in the book now. And Lumiere is one book that I've been interested in ever since I first saw that cover - it's just absolutely gorgeous. Hope these all turn out well for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The covers of so many of these books are very striking. These look like great choices for the Fall. I hope you get them all read and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover to Lumiere is so gorgeous! As is the one for A Madness Most Discreet. I do love a beautiful cover. I don't think I've read any of these, but I'm tempted to start looking these up in the library at once.

    ReplyDelete