Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Top Ten Authors I'm Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can't Believe I've Met

                        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



Top Ten Authors I'm Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can't Believe I've Met  (some other "meeting authors" type spin you want to do)






                                                          Tamora Pierce.









                                                             Jennifer Crusie








                                                  Maria Dahvana Headley







                                                Alexandra Bracken






                                                        Meg Cabot









                                       

                                           Morgan Rhodes/ Michell Rowen
                                                     
                     I love her books I only read 3 of her series and Falling Kingdom is my favorite!





                                                                   Ruta Sepetys
                            I recently read Between Shades of Gray and it was super duper good. I cried like a baby. I still cry when I think about it, and I am sure if I meet her and talk about this book I will cry too.



                                                              Diana Gabaldon.
                               I love her Outlander books. I only read the first 2






And I have a few more authors I like, but I got tired of doing this post hahaha So I will post pictures of authors I meet when I went to TX to meet Allyson and another friend Betsy and we all went to this big book signing.




               Melissa de la Cruz was sooooo nice and very friendly! I loved her!




                                John Cory Whaley was hilarious!


  

                                                                 Laini Tayloy







                        Shannon Hale was super nice!
 My daughter, Cecilia,  loved her Monster High books so I brought them with me to have them signed and Allyson made that note for the picture! 

 

    






                                                                  Marcus Sedgwick 
 This signing was, I guess, for middle school kids I am pretty sure we were the only adults there
so he asked Allyson and I if we were librarians hahahaha, we were like " nah, we are just book lovers" hahaha




                                                                       Bree Despain 
























32 comments :

  1. WOW! So many amazing authors; I'm jealous, Mariela! In which city was this book event? I would guess Austin, but I'm curious. I love author events; I wish I had access to more of them. Thanks for sharing these great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so, I know we drove like 3 hours to get there, I can't remember, this was a few years ago. I wish they do event like this in West Virginia :(

      Delete
    2. It was in Houston! Though, they do have a big one in Austin every year, too.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about Tamora Pierce! I LOVED her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon Hale IS super nice! Jason Reynolds was one of the nicest people I've meet too. Great list. I LOVE Braken's Passenger series SO MUCH!! Thanks for stopping by today.
    Top 10 @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I would love to meet Meg Cabot too. That's amazing that you've met so many authors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg Cabot is absolutely hilarious at her events! I saw her a few years ago in Nashville. And Ruta is amazing and I am pretty sure if you started crying she would too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool that you've met so many authors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome that you were able to meet so many great authors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Alexandra Bracken and Morgan Rhodes are definitely on my wishlist as well :) And you've got to meet some amazing authors already as well, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tamora Pierce has written more books than I realized. Gabaldon was in my neck of the woods a couple years ago she was speaking in the same town I was vacationing in. And I think Shannon Hale would be a riot, I've liked what I've read of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I'm so jealous that you got to meet Rachel Hawkins! I love Rebel Belle and would absolutely love to meet her some day. I got to see Victoria Schwab speak at the Boston Teen Author Festival back in September which was nice. I was going to actually meet her, but the line for her signing was soooo long and I didn't feel like waiting, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That panel at the end looks amazing! What a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So neat that you got to meet all these authors. Thank you for stopping by and commenting today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! Tamora Pierce~!!! how awesome! I've met Alex Bracken, she is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an amazing list of authors you've met and want to meet. You're so lucky to have met so many. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh so amazed at all the lovely authors you've met!! Laini Taylor and VE Schwab though.!! *flails wildly*

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have met some amazing awesome! I'd love to get to go to an event like that some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many awesome authors on your list. I hope you enjoyed meeting all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you guys had a fabulous time!! I think it's hilarious that there weren't more adult readers there and that the one author was surprised you weren't librarians. But then again, I'm immersed in the book community, so adults who read young adult and middle school fiction aren't weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laini Taylor looks like a rockstar!! love that hair :) I love big book signings when you get to meet a bunch of authors in one swoop!! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are so many amazing authors on your list - I'd love to meet Laini Taylor! Also, Ruta Sepetys is such a great choice, she'd be so interesting to chat with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard wonderful things about Ruta Septys- can't wait to try her out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list and awesome pictures. I love Laini Taylor's hair. You've have met some great authors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh you have met SO many cool people! I met exactly 0 published authors. So jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd love to meet Diana Gabaldon too! I have read the first 1 and a half of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I bet Meg Cabot would be a fun author to meet! I really love her stories in film form (haven't any read any - I know, MY BAD!).

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so lucky that you've been able to meet so many authors! I really want to go to a convention: hopefully I'll be able to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OOOOH! LAINI TAYLOR AND VICTORIA SCHWAB AND ANN BRASHARES AND VICTORIA SCOTT! What a lovely bunch of authors you've met and I REALLY HOPE I meet at least some of them someday!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Alexandra Bracken was a good pick. It's so cool that you got to meet Laini Taylor, her writing and her hair are both awesome. She helped give me the courage to dye my own hair!

    ReplyDelete