Thursday, March 02, 2017

Awakening: Bloodline Book One by Tiera Rice


Awakening: Bloodline Book One
Tiera Rice
Publication date: October 12th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal
being royal comes with lots of expectations. Born into war as a Vampyre Witch, she has to battle the ultimate enemy: her own blood. When she has a terrifying Vision, Antanasia fights harder than ever to prevent it from coming to pass. Will she succeed? Or does she die trying?

Nadia is an average teenager celebrating her nineteenth birthday. But her day turns upside down when she starts developing unusual abilities that make her question everything she knew. Searching for answers to her predicament, she finds herself trusting Nicolae, a stranger with a familiar presence. Why does she feel so drawn to him? Will Nadia find answers to the questions about her past and take on her new role willingly? Or will she choose to remain in the dark and deny her destiny?


Author Bio:
Tiera Rice was raised in Rockland County, New York and is a realtor in Rockland, Westchester, and Orange Counties. She earned her degree in criminal justice from Temple University, is the founder of Laughter and Lemonade: a project that focuses on motivational posters for those experiencing a chronic illness, and co-founder of #26forTiera: a foundation that provides financial resources to single parents battling life-threatening illnesses.
A creator of poems and short-stories for many years, Tiera challenged herself by leaping into the world of novels. Having recently survived a battle with cancer, Tiera decided to use her writing to entertain and motivate her readers. When not writing or selling houses, Tiera can be found spending time with her friends and family, especially her young daughter, fish, and kitty cat. Her other interests include singing, drawing, and dancing.

HAPTER SEVEN
Bran, Wallachia
1480

I lurked in the woods, peering through the trees at the tavern before me. I had knowledge from our spies that much of the Order frequented this place. It was pouring rain, which made it easier for me to hide by muffling any sounds and limiting sightlines. I was drenched with water, but the weather reflected my foul mood. I’d travelled all night and well into the day, hiding within the trees, to get to this city, and I wasn't leaving until I got what I’d come for: vengeance.
During my journey, I decided to take out all the key players, picking them off one by one until I got to Mihnea. I chose to start with Raz—the team leader and knight who killed Luca. I could see him through the window, drinking ale and palming the bum of the whore, Ileana, who was sitting in his lap. He was laughing at something one of his companions said, and raised his mug in a toast.
A growl sounded at the back of my throat. How dare he sit there enjoying the company of friends when only days before he’d slaughtered an innocent babe and countless others with no remorse? Luca would never know the taste of ale or the feel of a woman’s touch. I would stop at nothing to avenge him and the people of both our villages.
I watched the scene intently, waiting for the poison to take effect. I’d paid Ileana generously to keep Raz entertained, and to pour the poison mixture into his mug whenever she brought him a refill to mask the taste. I provided her with the poison ring and specific instructions on how to administer the mixture in just the right amounts. She was more than happy to complete the task—she had her own vendetta against this lot.
Raz and a handful of his knights were known to be rough with the women. Ileana, who was younger than I, had left the tavern more than once bloodied and bruised. She told me of a time that she was unable to work for days because she needed to heal. I pursed my lips together, growing impatient. Come now!
As Ileana stood up, Raz slapped her on the bum with force. She winced but still managed to put on an inviting smile. He downed the contents of his drink in one gulp and smirked at his companions before taking Ileana’s hand. He stumbled, and laughter filled the tavern. She held him up to stop him from landing on his face and he slapped her away, embarrassed.
Ileana clenched her jaw and flared her nostrils. She glared at Raz, but he took no notice as his steps became more unsteady. He flopped to the floor and the patrons nearby howled with mirth. This time, he didn’t turn away from Ileana’s help, and she practically carried him up the stairs behind the bar.



XBTBanner1

1 comment :