Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books We'd Like for Christmas

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week's theme asked us to come up with a list of books we wouldn't mind Santa bringing us. 


I came across this totally randomly one day, and just really fell for the cover and the blurb! It sounds like such a fun read! 


As anyone who knows even a little about me is well aware, I love Korean entertainment. I came across this in a best of list, and decided I needed to extend that to Korean authors, as well :) 


I came across this book a couple of months ago, and thought it sounded OK, but nothing to get excited about. But then a friend read it and told me it was such a funny, heartwarming read that I decided I would give it a shot. 


As a Gilmore Girl (no really, my last name is Gilmore...and I am a girl), it was almost a given that I was going to fall for this show. I have heard great things about Lauren Graham as a writer, and I figured no better place to start than with her writing about Gilmore Girls. 


My fandoms are showing in this list. I love Star Wars, and I really like Carrie Fisher. I think she is really open about her shortcomings in a brutally, and ofttimes hilariously, honest way. 





I hope that my husband has gotten this for me, since it was on my wish list! 


I am in love with this cover and the dude on it! I told my husband this is on super duper top priority, which means he absolutely has to get it for me! 


 I want a papasan chair! I saw this picture on pinterest and now I want one! I want to just sit and read. 






I want something just like this! If I can find the crates, I can make it myself. 


15 comments :

  1. First off! I really like your blog design! :) And great picks! I haven't read any of these and now I'm gonna check them out on Goodreads ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say I am in love and slightly jealous of how pretty your Christmas themed images are.
    I was so happy to see "the vegetarian" on your list I thought I was the only one who wanted to read that book!!!
    So cool.
    The rest of the list is great too. I truly hope Santa flies by to check out your list 🎅🏽
    My Top Ten Tuesday
    New follower to your lovely Blog 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lists! I recently added The Outlander, season one to my wish list. I haven't read the books (and don't intend to--I know, sacrilege!), but I really want to check out the show. I've been curious about The Vegetarian and have heard good things about it. I hope you both find what you want under the Christmas tree! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was great! The show is also great! It is fantastic! It is OK if you do not read it, they haven't changed anything from the books, everything you need to know is in the show!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Love this (and your seasonal background!) and VERY much want to read Regional Office is Under Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, I LOVE your Christmas theme :)
    And great book picks! Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crates are awesome! And I love papasan chairs. Ever since I saw one in Pier One Imports one time I've wanted one lol. And the Regional Office Is Under Attack! looks hilarious, I have no idea what it's about but with a title like that I have to know more. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that reading chair is incredible! I need one! Great list. I hope you get your Outlander DVD set! :) I just read The Princess Diarist and really enjoyed it too. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some gorgeous covers on your list this week! I hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun list! I love those crate shelves -- what a great idea. I haven't heard of a lot of the books listed here, but they sound so good. I'll have to add some of them to my never-ending TBR list.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From a Distant Star has a really neat cover though I'm drawing a blank on what the story is about. Also, I realized after the fact that I totally should have added Lauren Graham's book to my list. Well, maybe I'll get a copy for myself when I'm out wrapping up Christmas shopping this week. ;)

    Love the cool graphics and festive background!

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these sound like awesome reads and I love the bookshelf!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Regional Office is Under Attack! is awesome!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. EEEK! Outlander Season Two! And Lauren's Gilmore Girls Book! I just started Outlander the TV Show and it is AWESOME. if a little slow but I'm hoping it picks up and soon!

    LOVELY LIST!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, owning a papasan chair would literally be the coolest thing ever. *heart eyes* From a Distant Star has been on my tbr for the longest time - I really need to pick it up finally, because it sounds all kinds of amazing.
    Wish you a merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete