Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Best of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. 



This week's theme asked us to come up with a best of 2016 list! 


Of course this book will be on any of my lists! 
 

Of course after reading Six of Crows, I needed more of this world. So I started the Grisha books! 
 

Is this a surprise? No! Any of the Falling Kingdom books will be on my list. 
 

This one was sooooo good! Any fans of The Hunger Games should read this. 



This year has been so freaking weird for me. For the past 6 months, I have spent almost every single free moment that I had at my parents house almost 2 and a half hours away from me. I haven't had time to read or watch TV or really do much of any of my fandoms! I read 6 books this year and watched like 8 Kdramas, and I am caught up on all of 2 television shows (Brooklyn 99 and New Girl, and only because I was able to marathon watch both new seasons while getting in some watercolor painting stress relief). Seriously, weird year. So my selection of books here leave a lot to be desired! 


I've mentioned this book before, but it seriously blew me away! Easily my favorite read of the year, which wasn't hard since I read like nothing this year. But even if I had read more, this book would still have made the list. 


Since I read all of 6 books this year, almost everything had to make the list and this one won out over Alienated by Melissa Landers because I really, REALLY did not like that book. This book was OK. There wasn't a whole lot of romance in it, and the leading male wasn't really in it all that much. It was still pretty cute and funny enough that I would recommend it to my Nana, since she is notorious for throwing away books for even the tiniest dirty scene in it and this one would be safe for her! 


So, I finished 6 books this year, but really I started soooooooo many more. Unfortunately, one of the unfinished books for this year was SEP's newest offering First Star I See Tonight. Man, I wanted to like that book, but it was a HUGE miss. Which makes this one all that better on this list, because I had forgotten what having new SEP felt like, and then to be so bitterly disappointed by new SEP, it made this one all the better. 
 

I have briefly mentioned before that while I sincerely love Jennifer Armentrout as a person, her books can be kind of hit or miss for me. But I really loved The Dead List! It was the perfect blend of kind of creepy/mysterious/romance that you just don't get enough of these days. 



This one falls into another "not bad" category. It wasn't awful, but far from my favorite. With a seriously rushed ending, it paled in comparison to some of my other favorite romantic suspense authors like Roxanne St Clair and Cherry Adair. But it was still decent enough that I didn't stop my mom from listening to my audible version of it. Which is pretty high praise. 


9 comments :

  1. Okay, so now Meritropolis and 738 Days are on my TBR list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised with Meritropolis of how ,much I liked it! was really good!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but Six of Crows is on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/top-ten-tuesday-89/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six of Crows and Frozen Tides looks awesome to me. Course it doesn't hurt I've been seeing good reviews of those Bardugo books. I need to get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I need to read Six of Crows. Great list, ladies! I didn't read much this year either. Hopefully more next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only recently picked up Six of Crows and am so hoping it will be one of my "best of 2017" reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for Frozen Tides. And I really need to add 738 days to my list. I've been seeing that everywhere!

    Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete