Friday, December 02, 2016

Blitz: A Promise Made by Anissa Garcia





A PROMISE MADE
 by Anissa Garcia


A feisty redhead and an alpha male makes for a steamy pairing you can't resist. Fans of The Matchmaker's Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken and Violet Duke’s Resisting the Bad Boy, will love this super sweet and sexy romance from Anissa Garcia. 


Title: A Promise Made
Author: Anissa Garcia
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 3, 2016
Publisher: AG Romance Reads LLC                                                  
Synopsis:
Josh McKenzie may come off as intimidating with his solid build and cold stare, but when trouble calls, Marla quickly learns there is more to the sexy tatted man with the British accent. And if she’s not careful, she can easily lose herself in his gentle touch and soft voice.


A feisty redhead with a mouth that won’t quit, Marla Sullivan knows how to push all of Josh’s buttons, making him want her in the worst way. His biggest hurdle is breaking through her stubborn walls and proving he’s here to stay.


When Marla’s faced with an unknown danger, Josh is forced to reveal his buried past. Promises made and surfaced truths may be the catalyst that brings them together...or pushes them further apart.


Get More information at:
Learn more about her debut novel, A Promise Kept











Anissa Garcia resides in Austin, Texas and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications and English. She held an array of jobs including Public Relations Manager for Barnes and Noble. Wanting a change of pace, she moved to Los Angeles where she attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and trained full-time in theatre. After working in Hollywood, she returned to Texas where she has written articles for Cosmopolitan and Lady Couture. When not writing stories, watching movies, or drinking a latte, she loves to daydream about romantic fictional men.

Connect with Anissa at: Website | Facebook | Twitter| GoodReads | Instagram











Excerpts


Marla’s form strutted out the door, her long hair flowing down her creamy white shoulders and hourglass frame.  That black dress hugged her petite body, and I observed the way her ass moved as she hooked her coat and purse over her arm.  Her femininity was alluring.  The way she held herself and her delicate skin smelling like cinnamon made me hard.  It matched her sizzling mouth that I wanted to suck on and kiss raw. 
    I lifted myself out of the seat and crossed the room to her as she fumbled to put on her coat.  One side hung down and I grabbed it with ease.  She jerked away, attempted to escape me as I held it up.  Mahogany eyes glared at me.  She was on defense, no doubt from Ryan and whatever other idiots had disillusioned her about chivalry and romance.  I would prove to her it wasn’t dead. 
    “Is the date set with Dumbledore?”
    Her ruby red colored lips pressed down a smile as she shook her head.  “His name’s Gandalf, and he asked me to an early bird dinner at Denny’s.” 
    Cute.  At least she was open to joking with me, if only a bit.  But she was also nervous.  I could see it reflected in the way she moved, even the way she breathed.  “Let me walk you to your car.”
    “No, I’m fine.”
    She moved at a faster pace and I kept up easily.  I wasn’t letting her walk alone at night, especially with the type of men I saw in there.  “I’m walking you out.”
    “My car’s in the parking garage, they have security cameras.” 
    She was one tough cookie.  Independent, used to doing things on her own, she probably attracted the men who were complete opposite of her.  She liked to be in control and so did I.  You’d think this would pose some type of problem, but I was attracted to it.  I moved closer to her, my mouth near her ear.  “You like pushing me away, don’t you?”
    She turned her head toward me and rolled her eyes.  “Let me guess, you’re one of those alphas who likes to see his woman submit.  You want the type of woman who will adore you every night, follow you around all day, and tell others how amazing you are at everything you do.” 
    “You certainly like pretending you know who I am.  Since we met you’ve been nothing but judgmental toward me and only me.  Why is that?” 
    We were riding in the lift, but she didn’t dare give me a glance.  Instead she pressed the button to the ground floor, even though it had already been lit up.  She pressed at it again, as if it would make it go faster. 
    “I don’t like guys like you.”
    “Guys like me?”
    “Yeah.  I’ve dated guys like you.” 
    I couldn’t help but laugh as I rested in the corner against the wall.  What to say to a woman who thought she already knew everything about you?  I’d give it a go.  “So, some idiot who lived in the gym dated and hurt you, and now you think all men who work out are the same?”
    “Whether they live in the gym or not, they all end up being the same.  They all want a certain type of woman.” 
    “Which is what?”
    The doors finally opened and she scurried out, searching for her keys in her bag.  “The easy woman to comply with whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want.”
    “That type of woman is boring.” 
    She turned to her red Toyota Prius and opened the door, throwing her purse in the passenger side and starting her car.  “Exactly.  Yet they all want it.” 
    Before she could shut the door, I stepped in front of it and leaned down as she strapped on her seatbelt.  “Darling, I’m not afraid of hard work.  I know you’re an independent woman, and though most men find that threatening, I find it extremely sexy.”
    “You know what I find extremely not sexy?  The fact that you find a woman like me to be hard work.  Strike one, pal.”   
    She threw her hand up holding two fingers, and either she was warning me that I had two chances left, or she shot me the peace sign.  I believe it was the latter.  Either way, she was not happy.  If I wanted to make headway with Red, I was going to have to get some inside help to thaw the icy heart within that fiery woman. 








No comments :

Post a Comment