Monday, March 05, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday asked us to compile a list of our favorite book quotes! This one was a fun one to put together! 
Honestly, it was bound to happen, I am just surprised it took this long. But our TTT officially has an injury count. Whenever I saw this week's topic, I knew I wanted to do something I hadn't done before and share some of my watercolor projects. But I didn't really have very many that I wouldn't be too embarrassed to share, so I knew I was going to have to pad what I already had with some new designs. 

And then the world decided to hate me. A lot. I kept messing up the projects I started, and then literally 5 seconds after opening a brand spanking new bottle of liquid frisket, which is so neat cheap, I dumped the whole thing all over my desk. So, that really sucked. Then, while I was switching out a painting in one of my frames, I sliced my finger on the frame's glass and bled freaking everywhere. I had to scrap a completed quote, and that broke my heart. 

But seriously, you're here for the quotes, so let's get to them already! 

The Princess Bride by William Goldman
 I cannot begin to express how much I love this movie. The book is fantastic, too of course. But the movie will always hold a very special place in my heart. Any time I am having a really awful day, I just turn this on, and it's an instant pick-me-up.



Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
 This is one of my favorites from Harry Potter. It's so easy to get caught up in daydreams, and what might have been. Leave it to Dumbledore to always keep propelling us on the right path! 



Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
 I have always really loved this line! 


Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
 As someone who is almost constantly consumed by doubt and fear, this is a good reminder that you shouldn't let those doubts and fears stop you. 


Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
 This is an old quote painting that I did, and it still seriously bugs me that it's not centered. But, I really love this JRR Tolkien quote, so I figured I would include it! 


Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
 You know, I don't really even like this book that much. I don't dislike it, but honestly I barely remember it, it's been so long. But this is just so true!


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
 And here's Dumbledore again, doling out the sage wisdom. 


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
 I actually sincerely hate this book. I don't know if spoiler alerts for books written in the 1800s are a thing, but SPOILER ALERT. Any book that ends with a main character dying is not a book I will love. That being said, I love this line a lot. 


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling

This is a really old paining, too. But, since it was still in the frame whenever I was switching them out, I figured I might as well share! 

The Bonze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Of course The Bronze Horseman has to make this post! 


The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons




The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

 
The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
I do like the Adrian quote. He was so right, even though I am team Dimka, I liked Adrian a lot. He was such a great character and she sooooo used him. And I was really mad at her for that. 
 


Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
And you can't forget Magnus and Cleo from Falling Kingdoms!



20 comments :

  1. Ugh Allyson, your quote prints are so unbearably gorgeous I could cry. I'd been hoping to get creative this week but I didn't have time, and I'm kind of glad I couldn't now - my efforts would have paled in comparison to yours!

    You've both picked brilliant quotes, though. I also had a quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower on my Top Ten Tuesday, but it was a different one to either of the ones you featured here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, what a lovely thing to say! I was really nervous about sharing them, other than my book club friends, I haven't shared my watercolors with anyone before. I am glad that you like them :) I am sure that anything creative you would do would have been absolutely lovely. Next time you do something creative, please come let me know, I'd love to take a look!

      The Perks of Being a Wallflower really does have some great quotes!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful quotes, made even more beautiful with your watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some stunning quotes and beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We accept the love we deserve" is so good. I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the frames!! I even saw a quote I haven't heard in a long time. It brought back my childhood.

    Not all those who wander are lost.

    I remember my mom quoting that. Thanks for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post! I love all these quotes, especially the HP and LOTR ones. And that Cruel Prince quote is still giving me chills :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. I love that Lord of the Rings quote.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.. Thanks for stopping by earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allyson, those are so lovely! I forgot that Dumbledore has often said many profound things. Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen alot of Harry Potter today as well as LOTR!! But I liked the Anna Karenina one also!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel you when it comes to The Princess Bride movie. The book is a delight, but I think the movie was slightly better. That Cruel Prince quote summarizes the book perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very impressive prints!

    I, too, like the "All who wander..." quote and the "We accept the love.." quote as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Lord of the Rings one, and The Princess Bride too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those watercolor quotes! They are so gorgeous.
    I should of had the Tolkien quote on my list, since it's a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The watercolors are beautiful!!!!! Great quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, those prints are absolutely ADORABLE! And so are those quotes! <3
    I haven't read Anna Karenina but have seen the movie and honestly I still couldn't move on with its ending after all this years... :')

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't read any of these (though I have heard "The Bronze Horseman" is amazing). But, goodness! So many of these watercolor quote graphics are so pretty. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete