Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Thanksgiving Freebie

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week was a Thanksgiving themed freebie. We decided to stretch it a little bit and go with the Top Ten Actors We Would Be Thankful For If They Took A Role Playing Our Favorite Book Characters. Wordy, but fun! 

 It's no secret that Clayton Danvers is my all-time favorite male character. He is just beyond epic. Even as flawed as he is and with as many fights as he and Elena get into, he is still just such a great character. Whenever we heard Bitten was going to be turned into a TV series, we started talking dream cast. Mariela suggested Chris Hemsworth as Clayton, and I have totally stolen him from her as my Clayton, too :p
This is where I show off what a really cool person I am \end sarcasm. There is this really awful show I used to watch growing up called The Tribe. It was just so bad, and yet I loved it so much! Bray was easily my favorite character, and I really fell in love with Dwayne Cameron. It bums me out to no end that he hasn't been able to gain much notice over here in the states, but I would really love it if a Tortall adaptation came around and could get a shot at playing George! I know the eyes aren't quite right, but still. This is exactly how I picture George in my head.
I think I should point out that when I read books, I don't really pay attention to how the author describes characters. I just kind of picture them however I want them, and Luke Evans would make the perfect in my head Red. I can totally picture him giving the speech to Sorcha at the end of the book, I would kill to see that!

 Again, it's probably important to point out I don't really pay attention to descriptions all that much. When I was reading Magonia, I kept picturing Dylan as Jason! He is the perfect blend of nerdy and amazing.
Mariela pointed out that visually, Tom Hiddleston makes the perfect Valek. And he does! He would do an amazing job as Valek, and appearance wise, he is perfect. However, I really love the idea of Lee Pace as Valek. 


 
I totally see him as Magnus Damora from Falling Kingdoms. He even has a scar on his face!



He'd be perfect as King Gaius Damora from Falling Kingdoms.



12 comments :

  1. This is so creative, I love it! I really like your choice for Magnus from Falling Kingdoms, I could definitely see that. And I'd pretty much watch anything that has either Dylan O'Brien, Daniel Sharman or Chris Hemsworth in...

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any of these books, but some of these actors I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually not read any of these books yet, although a few are in my TBR pile (I really have to give Alanna: The First Adventure another try considering I'm also a redheaded girl named Alanna and I never find characters with my name). Awesome post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Alanna! I am waiting or the day my daughter would pick those books!

      Delete
  4. I love how you got creative with your TTT! I haven't read any of these books, so I'm just going to have to trust your casting skills :-P but I did recently download Gravity and look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I haven't read any of these books, except for Hush Hush and I barely remember it because it was a long time ago. I LOVE Daniel Sharman though, so if any book has a character that feels even remotely like him, you bet I'm going to pick it up.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've very ashamed to say that I haven't read any of the books on this list... Looking at the actors though, maybe I have to! If they have the personalities that makes them worthy of such gorgeous actors, they must be great :)
    Thanks for visiting Addlepates and Book Nerds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, I love your layout! I haven't heard of these books I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see some of them! Great list- to have them play some of those awesome characters, would be great! Happy Thanksgiving! And happy reading!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete