Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Uninteresting Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. 
 Our first time doing Top Ten Tuesday in a long time, and the first time doing it now that it has switched from The Broke and the Bookish to That Artsy Reader Girl. Sad to see Broke and Bookish no longer blogging, but I am sure that TARG is going to do a wonderful job with Top Ten Tuesday! 

This week's topic asked for books that we are no longer interested in reading. So, here we go! 

House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast





Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
 She should have stopped after three books. 



The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
 She also should have stopped on the third book. I got tired of Jace and all his daddy issues or whatever drama he had. Jace is out killing fucking demons/monsters he is such a bad ass hunter but when it comes to his daddy drama he is such a little baby, he needs to grow up some balls and be a man. Even now that she has moved on to other and new characters in the Shadowhunter world, I just can't read anything set there anymore. She needs to move on. 




Covenant Series by Jennifer Armentrout
Even though she is so nice and I went to her signing to have her books signed, I don't think I'll keep reading these books. I felt like Half Blood was a super rip off/copy of Vampire Academy, they are both almost the same.




I tend to be a big impulse book buyer. I've bought books without reading descriptions cause the cover was pretty, or I liked the name of a character. Then, when I get it home and give it a shot, I am full of regret. Unfortunately, it has happened to me a lot, but obviously not enough that I am actually going to stop doing it. 

Paper Princess by Erin Watt
This one I bought because it was gaining popularity, and it didn't sound bad. The problem is, the more popular something gets, the less likely I am to read it. I am the worst. 


Ink and Lies by SL Jennings
This one was because I am a sucker for watercolor. Like seriously, if a cover has a pretty watercolor cover, I'm gonna buy it. Even better, this really did sound like something I would love. But I started it, and there was a line in there about thinking it was sexy to shave someone, and my brain couldn't go further. I mean, if that's your thing, that's your thing. But is that really a thing? 




Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti
This happened because there is such a wealth of post-apocalyptic young adult novels, but I was really wanting something more adult. The problem is, I have searched and bought quite a few, but they are always just so cheesily written. If you have any recs, I am totally down to give them a shot! 


The Forsaken by Lisa M Stasse 
I literally didn't notice this wasn't the English cover until right now, and I have already closed down my vector program, so I'm sticking with it. I don't know why I can't make myself read this book. I was really excited about it when I first bought it, but every time I look at it, I just don't feel like starting it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment