Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Re-reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. 

This week's Top Ten Tuesday prompt asked us to come up with books that we could re-read forever. Mariela and I have wildly different approaches to re-reading, she doesn't do it, and I do it too much!  

I do not re-read books because I already know what happens. But I do re-read my favorite scenes.
I guess If I was a person that re-read things, I would chose my favorite books that I have read.

There are no words to describe just how much I fell in love with this book and the characters. 

 


I love Jamie so much!
 


I love this series! I love Dimka!
 



Such a good fantasy story! 
We all need a Magnus in our lives!
 
And of course I have to list my new favorite book! 
 




Honestly, I am the dirt worst about this. And it's not just limited to re-reading books. I re-watch movies, television shows and Kdramas and re-play the same old video games. I spend way more time re-consuming old entertainment than I do taking in something new. I am an incredibly picky person. It is hard for me to find something I love. And I have become crotchety in my old age; if I don't love it, I'm not wasting my time on it. Which leads me to A LOT of re-reading, re-watching, and re-playing. Heck, it was hard to cut my list down to 8, I couldn't bear to cut it down even more to 5!

Really, this one can encompass all of Tamora Pierce's Tortall books. I am such a fangirl for her. I re-read her books at least once a year, and I have recently gotten super addicted to audiobooks because it lets me do other things while also getting in my re-reading. Tamora Pierce's Immortals quartet is a full-cast audio, and it's freaking amazing. I could listen to it constantly, much like I do with the Stephen Fry Harry Potter audiobooks. 
 


Speaking of, I spend an obscene amount of time listening to these books. I usually fall asleep to them most nights. Stephen Fry just has the most amazing voice, and I love listening to him talk. And of course, Harry Potter is so amazing, and long, so by the time I get to the end of the 7th book, I am ready to start over again on book one. 

Also, I have been buying my older brother the illustrated editions each Christmas, and I just borrowed the first three from him and re-read them. If y'all haven't checked them out, they are gorgeous. And really add so much to the world! They are just lovely. 




I have mentioned my love of this book numerous times in the past. It's just such a good story. Red and Sorcha are just forever in my heart. It has its emotionally damaging parts, but for the most part, it's just such a sweet story of courage and love. I re-read this at least once a year. And since I discovered I like audiobooks, I have listened to it quite a few times in the last year. 
 



Much like Tamora Pierce, this really could be just about anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Although her most recent book was a huge miss for me, I love all of her works that I have read so much. Her stories are always entertaining and her characters are easy to love. I am in the middle of listening to Match Me If You Can again right now, and it's just so good, even after the 10th time of reading it. 
 



You might be sensing a pattern here. I really, really love Jennifer Crusie. I mean, like a crazy amount. I worked at a book store in high school, and I still remember the day I saw Tell Me Lies and Crazy For You come in as a trade in. I stuck them aside cause they sounded funny, and I am always down for a good romantic comedy. This is the kind of romance I yearn for when I pick up a new book. Funny, sexy, but not super dirty or graphic. I swear, I'm not a prude, I just read romance for the romance, not the sex scenes. Not that there is anything wrong with reading things for the sex scenes! I just love the cute, funny, sweet stuff better. I'm also in the middle of listening to the Tell Me Lies audiobook, and it has a great narrator. 

Side note, I'm gonna need Ms. Crusie to publish something soon! It's been almost 8 years since Maybe This Time, and I am absolutely dying for something new. 
 


Now this one I can safely say that it isn't one that is for everything by the author. I have tried other Elizabeth Lowell books and they just don't do it for me. Even when I re-read this book, I laugh at it a little cause it's just so cheesy. And look at that cover! I definitely do not read it in public whenever I am down for another re-read. There isn't much special about this, other than I first read it at the ripe old age of 13, probably a lot younger than I should have been reading it. So it holds a special place in my heart as being one of my first forays into more adult fare. 
 


I really, really love Cherry Adair, guys. Her romantic suspense novels are just so good. They always leaving me wanting more. I haven't read much of her new stuff, but the first 5 TFLAC books always make into a pretty steady rotation of reading them once a year or so. If you like sexy leading men, and women who can save themselves, then these are the books for you! 





I couldn't believe it, but I almost forgot about this one! Which is shameful, as I re-read her stuff all of the stinking time. Elena and Clay are hands down my favorite thing about fiction. Period. The audiobooks are surprisingly amazing, too.



43 comments :

  1. I need to read more Kelley Armstrong, I've been loving her City of the Lost books. and The Vampire academy and Cruel Prince are both books I'd like to read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to finish the kelley Armstrong books.
      VA is so good! Same with The Cruel prince.

      Delete
  2. I'm not usually into Fae books but I've heard so many great things about The Cruel Prince that I'm very keen on trying it anyway?? It's by Holly Black and I love her so it can't possibly be bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so good writing about Fae books! Such a great book! Give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. The Cruel Prince and Harry Potter! <3
    I honestly cannot wait for the sequel of TCP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've reminded me that I used to re-read Armstrong's Otherworld series and how much I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a re-reader at all (I don't re-watch movies or TV either). There are too many books I want to read, but I like that you have favorite scenes to revisit. The Bronze Horseman has been on my TBR forever. It's a book that always comes up and I really need to read it for myself. I loved the VA books, and was so sad, when Mead finished the Bloodlines series and made me leave that world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I read TBH! I saw that book in people's TTT lists and I had the book so one day I decided to read it and I regret not to have read it earlier!

      Delete
  6. I definitely reread books and watch certain movies again and again. And sometimes I just watch certain scenes or read certain parts. I'm a big Tamora Pierce fan too. Lots of good books and authors here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound a lot like Allyson!
      She loves Tamora, I remember when we made out book page she sent a copy of Alanna to each one of us! I wish my daughter would read it, that is such a great book for a girl!

      Delete
  7. I loved Outlander, and I want to read that again. Maybe on vacation this year! It's such a time commitment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is! I had to stop half way of Voyager! All of her books are time commitment.

      Delete
  8. Ahh I love The Bronze Horseman, Vampire Academy and HP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH, I can not live without that book! I have a lot of copies of it.

      Delete
  9. Ah, Harry Potter! One of the few series I've actually re-read. I do love both The Vampire Academy books as well as Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is a fantastic choice! :-) I could read The Bronze Horseman again too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outlander is so swoon-worthy, I love it. Fortunately I can get my fix from the TV show otherwise I would have to re-read it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the show! I still need to catch up on season 3. Seems like bad luck always follow them! haha

      Delete
  12. I can’t re-read books.. like ever! I have to many unread books to finish 😃 But I definitely liked the idea of reading favourite scenes, like in HP there are so many wonderful moments ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also too many books to finish, and I am a very slow reader so I would rather spend the time in books I haven't read it.

      Delete
  13. I love Juliet Marillier! Daughter of the Forest is such a good book. Now I want to reread it too. I recently finished The Cruel Prince and will probably give it a reread before the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't actually done a Harry Potter reread in so long, I need to do one soon!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/27/top-ten-tuesday-148/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daughter of the Forest is one of the all time favorite books - I can even tell you how many times I've read that thing! I checked it out from the library enough times that I finally broke down and bought it. Cruel Prince is waay up there on my TBR as well.... glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thrilled to see The Cruel Prince on your list since I'm getting ready to start reading that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome list! I need to reread Vampire Academy myself!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! Lovely list!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Somehow Tamora Pierce totally passed me by even though it sounds exactly like my thing. I think she never was quite as popular in Germany even though her books were translated. But I keep hearing so many great things about her, I really need to read something by her, soon

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get not wanting to re-read because you already know what happens, but it's like riding a favorite roller coaster over and over... the whole thing was so amazing you just have to experience it again!! At least that is how I justify my re-reading! hehe

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I want to read them again but when I get started I put them back down. I think the only one book I would probably re-read without a doubt is The bronze Horseman, that book has touched my heart, the deep of my soul I can not describe the way I feel about this story. I just love it so very much. I love the love that Alexander has for his Tanechka.

      Delete
  21. I've seen the cover of the illustrated editions for Harry Potter, and they look amazing! I haven't listened to the audio version though...

    Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  22. I recently got The Cruel Prince so it is good to see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the clean, sweet romances best, so it's nice to find romances that are well written without having to have sex scenes in them (my preference).
    Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great list! I really love the way you format your graphics - they're so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I looove Vampire Academy, and actually reread the series various times when I was a teen. The Cruel Prince made my list, as well, and I'll very likely reread it before the sequel, which I cannot wait for, because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I need to start Bitten! I've had it for the longest time, and it doesn't only come highly recommended but also seems like something I'd love. Great lists! :)

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard rave reviews for 'Horseman' but must confess, it's not a series I've read much on. :) Also, every single time I see this cover for 'Vampire,' I think the model looks like Angelina Jolie.

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yes! Cherry is a fun one for sure. I've enjoyed quite a few of hers over the year but never re-read any. enjoyed Vampire Academy, too :)

    ReplyDelete