Friday, July 22, 2016

Review: Radiance by Grace Draven


~THE PRINCE OF NO VALUE~

Brishen Khaskem, prince of the Kai, has lived content as the nonessential spare heir to a throne secured many times over. A trade and political alliance between the human kingdom of Gaur and the Kai kingdom of Bast-Haradis requires that he marry a Gauri woman to seal the treaty. Always a dutiful son, Brishen agrees to the marriage and discovers his bride is as ugly as he expected and more beautiful than he could have imagined.

~THE NOBLEWOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE~

Ildiko, niece of the Gauri king, has always known her only worth to the royal family lay in a strategic marriage. Resigned to her fate, she is horrified to learn that her intended groom isn't just a foreign aristocrat but the younger prince of a people neither familiar nor human. Bound to her new husband, Ildiko will leave behind all she's known to embrace a man shrouded in darkness but with a soul forged by light.

Two people brought together by the trappings of duty and politics will discover they are destined for each other, even as the powers of a hostile kingdom scheme to tear them apart.





Radiance by Grace Draven
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was DNF for me, and I will tell you why...
First of all I was so dying to read this book, Look at the beautiful cover! And the description sounds super duper amazing, right? But sadly this did not meet my expectations. I am totally in the minority but I do not think this book was as amazing and great as these 4-5 stars reviews make it sound.
The writing of this books was super phenomenal, I can not deny that, it had potential but that was it, only the potential.
The Prince was a second son of the king of the Kai , an ancient race, he was not as important as the first son, heir to the throne. She was the niece of the king of the Gauri, a human, they were forced to get marry for benefit of their kingdoms . Each saw the other as ugly creatures because they are different, but they became friends and everything was so damn perfect in their relationship that it made it so boring , not exciting at all, this book was so slow , nothing happened that would make me want to turn the pages to see what happens next. And I stopped reading it on page 168 because I wasn't interested in it. It failed to keep my attention.

View all my reviews

 

No comments :

Post a Comment