Monday, February 06, 2017

Faking It with Damian by DJ Hunnam


Faking It with Damian
DJ Hunnam
Publication date: January 23rd 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Erotica, Romance
I don’t do relationships…especially not with egotistical jerks like my new boss, Damian Wood. The man is vile, arrogant, condescending… and scorching hot. If he weren’t my boss and a grade-A a*&hole, I would turn on my world-famous charm and seduce the pants right off the man. But giving in to his undeniable allure might just cost me my job. Or worse yet, my heart.
I’m a prick…and Janice Holder’s new boss. Which means I should stay away, but I’ve never claimed to be a nice guy. If I don’t get my twisted fascination under control, it will only be a matter of time before I bend her over my desk and screw her. Hard. The way I’ve imagined no fewer than a thousand times since we met. I’m playing with fire and neither of us can afford to get burned, but landing in hot water might just be worth the risk.
Faking It is a full-length, standalone office romance. It contains steamy scenes with a ton of heat and strong language intended for mature audiences.
EXCERPT:
I slipped into the hallway and headed straight for Damian’s office. His door was shut, but I barged in, slamming the door behind me. With his Bluetooth headset in, he glanced up and smiled until he saw my glower.
“What did you do?” I hissed.
“Hey, I’m going to have to call you back,” Damian said to the person on the other end.
I paced back and forth as he said his goodbyes. The musky scent of his cologne permeated my senses and my body hummed in spite of my anger. He’d cut his hair since the last time I’d seen him and faint tan lines highlighted his cheekbones, I assumed from skiing. The man was sexy as hell and being enclosed with him was bringing back all of the things we’d done the last time we were in a room together.a”Hello, sweetheart. Long time no see,” he said as he leaned back in his chair and regarded me with a wry grin. His eyes trailed down my body.
“Don’t ‘sweetheart’ me.” ”Is that any way to greet your man after four long days apart?” ”What the hell is going on? Cindy just blindsided me in the bathroom.”
“Word sure does travel fast around here. I apologize you had to hear the happy news from someone else, but maybe if you hadn’t hidden in your office all day or if you’d bothered to answer any of my calls, I would have been able to fill you in.”
My face flushed hot, but I refused to let him goad me. “Fill me in now.”
“Why don’t you sit down?”
“I don’t want to sit down,” I yelled.
“Settle down. A lovers’ quarrel would be suspicious so soon after our big announcement.” He gathered his bottom lip between his teeth to hold back the grin threatening to erupt.
I stopped in front of his desk and placed both hands on the top. “I swear, if you don’t stop fucking around, I’m going to scream so loud that everyone in this building will know the truth.”
“Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are when you’re angry?”
Shaking my head with disgust, I spun around and headed straight to the door, but he was on his feet and in front of me faster than I could blink. A man his size should not have been able to move that fast. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared.
“Get out of my way.” ”No. I’m not letting you run and hide again.”
I stomped over to his cabinet where I knew he hid the booze. I needed a drink in order to get through this conversation. I leaned over and rifled around until I felt his body sidle up behind me. His tight groan made me glance over my shoulder and I watched as his eyes trailed up my legs and landed on my ass.
“Could you be any more inappropriate?” I questioned as I poured the amber liquid into a glass.
“I’d hardly call ogling inappropriate. Now, fucking you on my desk… that would be inappropriate.”
Pinpricks of warmth erupted between my legs. With a few dirty words, the man could put all of my good intentions to waste.
“Comments like that are what got us into this mess in the first place,” I said as I breezed past him, pretending that his words had no effect. Settling into a chair, I took a large gulp and relished the burn as the liquid trailed down my throat and into my churning stomach.
He chuckled and poured himself a drink, watching me from over his shoulder. After sauntering back, he leaned against his desk, stretching his long legs out in front of him. His proximity was disarming and I considered bolting again, but took another sip of liquid courage instead.
“And what a mess it is,” he murmured.


Author Bio:
First introduced to the genre by her grandmother, DJ Hunnam is an author with a true love for great romance novels. After reading hundreds of them over the last twenty years, she finally decided to put pen to paper and craft her own happily ever afters (HEA). She loves to write about strong heroines who fall in love with even sexier heroes, while tackling real-world problems. Her books are packed with sizzling scenes sure to make you blush.
A scientist by day and author by night, DJ Hunnam straddles the fence between the mundane and the erotic on a daily basis. When she isn’t writing, you might find her curled up with a book, chasing her two wild sons, or pursuing her own HEA with her husband of ten years. She’s a sucker for dark chocolate, a good bottle of Malbec, and a sexy six-pack.

XBTBanner1

No comments :

Post a Comment